VDM Series Vertical Turning Machines
VDM Series Vertical Turning
The VDM can be set up to accommodate small lot sizes with quick change overs or be set up for fully automated production with auxiliary automation.
You provide us with a complex workpiece or process, we develop the appropriate system solution, including work holding, tools and control system that meet your individual demands. The machine is built on an extremely rigid cast iron base offering optimal chip management through the 45° beveled chip chute. The main spindle offers the highest accuracy and reliability through it’s thermosymmetric design including closed circuit lubrication system. The machine’s many standard options offers high flexibility for an optimal solution of the most complex machining tasks.
- Accurate and reliable workpiece clamping through dead load support
- Highest accuracy through thermosymmetric design of the spindle housing with closed circuit lubrication for oil
- Extremely rigit cast housing
- High flexibility for an optimal solution of complex turning tasks
- Many options
- Ergonomically convenient for operating and easy access to the working area
- Optimal chip management through 45° bevel
The VDM can be set up to accommodate small lot sizes with quick change overs or be set up for fully automated production with auxillary automation. Along with turning, the VDM can also be equipped to perform many other machining tasks including hard turning, drilling, milling and grinding. The VDM’s high configurability allows it to machine workpieces in the aerospace, railway, wind energy commercial vehicle and general machining industries.
Explore our field tested manufacturing solutions for extending tool life, improving part quality, reducing cycle time, improving surface finish, and more.