Our expert cutting tool staff will work with you to design, rollout, and manufacture the right tool for your application.
A hardened burr may lead to premature wear of tools in subsequent finishing operations. Removal of very sharp burrs reduces the risk of tool handling injuries.
Reduce the Risk of Tool hHandling Injuries
A burr which is not removed may break off during use and damage bearings or gears in gearboxes.
Over-carbonizing may result in too much pressure being exerted on sharp gear lateral surfaces which might then break.
Star SU carries the following deburring tools from Samputensili:
- P Type (Standard tool for straightgear lateral surfaces)
- P 1000 type (Like P type but grooved)
- PR type (with alternate sections for straight gear lateral surfaces radiused to the root)
- PR 1000 type (grooved tool for straight gear lateral surfaces radiused to the root)
- A 1000 type (grooved tool for inclined gear lateral surfaces)
- AR 1000 type (same as A 1000 type but radiused to the root)
- SPR 1000 type (special tool for chain sprockets)
- T 1000 (grooved tool for chamfering turning chamfers on the tooth tip)